Tuesday, February 5, 2013

First week of goals...here I go...

OK so now that I know what is going on with my body I have goals that I need to set so I can get better.  Like I mentioned before, I need people to be accountable to so I will be posting whether or not I complete my goals for each day.  Feel free to give me any tips or ideas that might help me or reprimand me for not following these goals very well.

My First goal is to set and stick to a graded exercise program.  For those that don't know what that means, it is an exercise program that starts with almost no exercise and very very gradually leads up to more.  For the first week, I am going to stretch for 5 minutes 3 times a day.  When this week is over, I will plan the next week depending on how I am doing.


Times/Days
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Monday
Tuesday
1
no
yes
yes
yes


2
no
no
yes
no


3
no
yes
yes
no




My Second goal is to set and stick to a sleep schedule.  I am supposed to try to sleep at only these times no matter how tired I am.  If I find I am too tired to stay awake with this schedule then I need to plan more time for sleep.  I am more tired around 12 than I am any other time so that's when I'm going to take my nap.

Times/Days
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wake 8:00
yes
8:30
yes
8:30
9:30


Nap 12:00-2:00
yes
yes
no
no



Bed 9:00
10:00
9:00
11:00
11:00



My third goal is to set and stick to a specific diet of no sugar, little gluten, and and no processed foods.  This one shouldn't be too hard since I am eating pretty healthy already.  

Foods/Days
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
No Sugar
yes
yes
yes
yes



Little Gluten
yes
yes
yes
no



No Processed Foods
no
yes
yes
no




The first thing that I want to do is to be able to go to church again.  I often make it to Sacrament Meeting, but I crash after that and have to go home.  I think one of the problems is that our church is from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.  That's right during the time when I feel the worst and am the most tired during the day.  We go to a married student ward, and I'm wondering if we should switch to the family ward so that we can go to church before I get tired.  We love our ward and don't want to switch, and the switch might not make it any better anyways.  Even on days when I'm feeling great just sitting through sacrament meeting wipes me out and I still have to go home afterwards.  Any ideas that might help me with this?













2 comments:

  1. Liz this is awesome! I'm so proud of you, I need to do something like this for my exercise, I'm practically doing nothing now. You can do this! -Lex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goals! I'm proud of you, Lizzy! Also, Mikey and I attend a family ward and we love it. I'd say try it out, if it doesn't work for you, you can always return to your other ward. Keep up the good work. Don't forget, we're all rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete