Wednesday, March 13, 2013

New Blog Name!

Alright...I haven't been on here for awhile, but I am back!  Hopefully for a long while.  First things first...I changed the name of my blog!  I have been trying to think of a name that is unique to me, and I finally found one!  When the Piggies Come Home.  I love it.  Let me explain.  When I was about 2 years old, my family moved to Minnesota and went to the state fair there.  There was a momma pig with a litter of piglets.  According to my mom, all I wanted to do was look at them and nothing else.  After that, I wanted pig everything and pink everything because pigs are pink. And guess what...I still love pigs!  Charlotte's Webb is still one of my favorite movies.  

My dad used to read me When Cows Come Home.  It is a great book, and I loved it!  If you haven't read it, go read it!  





So I put the two together and voila! There's my new name :).  What do you think?

Next order of business...I have been pretty sick lately.  About a month ago I took an online quiz for my class, and it made me really sick.  I hadn't yet experienced getting sicker after mental exercise, but it was bad.  For the next week I had a fever, muscle aches, sinus problems, and I felt so weak.  I basically spent the whole week in bed.
 
Then, I caught a really bad cold.  It was HORRIBLE! Nick and I have decided that we are not going to allow anyone to see me if they are sick or have been around someone that is sick.  My immune system barely works as it is, and when I get a simple cold, at least for right now, my body just gets destroyed.  My lymph nodes are already swollen when I feel "normal", and when I get even a simple cold they FREAK out.  Nick had to stay up at night taking care of me because they hurt SOOOOOO bad.  The only way to make the swelling go down and the pain to go away is to go to the emergency room to get steroids or wait until I get better.  I have had to go to the emergency room in the past for steroids, but I want to avoid doing that as much as I can.  The steroids make the swelling go right down, but they also stop your immune system from doing anything.  Sometimes living through the pain so your immune system can function is worth it in the long run, but sometimes its not.  I have NEVER felt pain like the time I went to the emergency room for steroids.  NEVER.  So, if we have plans, let me know if you have been around anyone sick.  I don't want to take any chances.

The next week we went on a trip.  Nick and his sister went to Seattle to visit their grandma, and they dropped me off at my house in Boise.  Traveling made me sick, especially since I hadn't gotten over my cold yet.  My ears hurt all week, and I just felt so sick!  I spent the whole week either laying in bed or on the couch.  Now that we are home, I'm trying to rest and recover from traveling.

Just remember:  If you or anyone you have been around is sick, please don't come visit.  I really can't get sick like that again!!








No comments:

Post a Comment